Visiting a college campus is the best way to decide where you want to spend those special four years. College visits are often the deciding factor for students who are having a hard time choosing between colleges.
There is so much to take in at each campus that it can be easy to overlook the important things that will help you make your decision. Here are a few things to keep in mind during your college visits:
- What is this college the most well-known for?
- Does this college offer the major you are interested in?
- What are popular majors at this college?
- Where will you spend the most time? Look there first!
- Are study abroad programs available?
- What does the housing for freshman look like?
- Where do the upperclassmen live?
- What is there to do on the weekends?
- How is the public transportation?
- What do current students have to say about this college?
Your main objective should be to get a look at what your day-to-day would be like at college. If you can, try to attend classes, eat in the dining hall, and see the dorms. If this will be your home for the next few years, you'll want to get the best possible look during your college visit so make sure to see everything that is important to you!